- What data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Who do we share data with
- How we store your data
- Your rights
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority
What data we collect
Flyr will collect and process your personal information when you visit our website or app and make a reservation, book a flight, enroll in Flyr+, or order any other service such as extra baggage. We must process your information in order to fulfill your request, this includes the information you give us when you enter your information into the app or website, as well as some other information that we collect in the background. We will only collect and process the information we need to complete your order, and at the same time comply with the rules and regulations which we, as an airline, are required to follow.
The data we collect about you:
- Your name, title, gender, date of birth, nationality, country of residence, passport details, special dietary needs, e-mail, specific medical needs, phone number, and where you live.
- Financial information relating to your purchase, refund, or other legal obligations
- Payment details, bank account, payment token
- Information collected through cookies on the webpage or in the app: IP address, browser type, operating system
- Travel related information
- Check-in information, itinerary, boarding pass
How we collect data
You directly provide Flyr with most of the data we collect and process about you. Some data we gather ourselves through cookies and similar on the website and app.
Flyr collects your data when you:
- Register online or in the app, place an order, book a flight, enroll for Flyr+, or purchase for any of our products or services such as extra luggage or fast-track.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, via email or any other official channel.
- Flyr also receives necessary data from Vipps when you use the service to pay or to log in.
How we use your data
Flyr collects your data so that we can give you the best experience when flying with us and at the same time comply with rules and regulations. This means that we use the data to:
- Process your booking, arrange your flight, connections, and luggage.
- Manage your account, so that you can quickly and without effort use the website and app without needing to enter all your information each time you want to book a flight or change a preference.
- Email you with special offers we think you might like.
- Flyr utilizes the “Passenger Name Record” in our reservation systems, which is a standard used by most airlines so that we can easily communicate with all airport services to help you and your luggage reach your destination.
- Optimization and customization of your user experience when you use our app and visit our website.
- Ensure that your communication with our customer care team gets followed up on to your satisfaction
Additionally, we use aggregated personal information to improve our services.
When Flyr processes your booking, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
If you sign up for Flyr+, we will also use your personal information to:
- Make it easier to use Flyr+ by simplifying the process of adding the Flyr+ ID of your fellow passengers to your order when you buy tickets on behalf of other travellers
- Prevent abuse of the bonus offers
Who we share data with
Flyr is required to send your personal information to several other parties and authorities in order to comply with mandatory regulations both nationally and internationally with regards to national and international flights. Flyr is obliged to share your information to expedite your flight and make your travel possible, and depending on where your destination and transfers are, the amount of personal data which is shared will vary. The information Flyr shares will be related to your journey, such as “Passenger Name Record”, “Advanced Passenger Information”, and other booking information where required.
Your personal data will be shared with the following parties:
- Relevant National Authorities
- Law enforcement
- Airports and other airline service companies that are involved in your travel
- Our subcontractors that need your personal data to expedite your travel
- Payment contractors such as VIPPS
How we store your data
Flyr respects your privacy and your data, we have therefore implemented security measures to ensure that we protect your data from unauthorized access, loss, and abuse. Your data is encrypted both at rest and in motion.
Flyr securely stores your data on servers located within the EU and meets strict security requirements in accordance with current personal data law.
We note that our chat service provider uses a temporary solution that utilizes servers located in the US, this means that data that you provide thorough this service will be transmitted to the US. We want to assure you that extra precautions and measures have been taken to secure your information just as good as when it resides in Europe.
Flyr will keep your data for as long as it is deemed necessary. Once the data is no longer needed it will be deleted. If you have an account, we will keep the data in that account until the account is deleted by you. If you book a flight with us, we will keep data related to this transaction for ten (10) years in order to meet legal and regulatory obligations
Use of your data for marketing
Flyr would like to send you information and advertising about products and services of ours that we think you might like as well as share any exciting news through our newsletter. We will only do so if you have consented to these services, and you can withdraw this consent at any time.
Flyr would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every person is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Flyr for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Flyr correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Flyr to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Flyr erase your personal data, under certain conditions: Flyr cannot erase anything that Flyr is required by law to save.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Flyr restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions: We need to process some data in order to fulfill your booking and send you on your way, the minimum data required is impossible to restrict.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Flyr’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Flyr transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have 30 days to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information about cookies we recommend the Norwegian Data Protection Authority’s information page on cookies.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Flyr has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.